Perhaps you’re sitting by the fire, sipping hot cocoa and thinking about which one of you gets the lucky job of Christmas light set up this year. Or perhaps you’ve just returned from Black Friday Christmas shopping. Or maybe you are pulling out Christmas decorations. Whatever you are doing this morning, you can’t deny that the season for eggnog is here. Eat these delicious cookies accompanied by a cup of hot cocoa or eggnog. These cookies are delicious and perfect for this holiday season! And I bet even Santa would love a couple of these on Christmas Eve!
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside for later use.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Mix with mixture until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet one inch apart. Lightly sprinkle each cookie with nutmeg. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For sweeter cookies, mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls and drop into powdered sugar mixture before placing cookies on cookie sheet. You will loose a bit of the eggnog taste in lieu of a more sweeter cookie. Your choice.
* Spiced Eggnog Cheesecake Shots by Poor Girl Eats Well
* Vegan Eggnog Cheesecake by Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
* Pumpkin Trifle with Eggnog Pound Cake and Dulche de Leche by Apron Springs