Do you remember when the craze last year was quinoa? Quinoa EVERYTHING!! I had people writing in all the time wanting more quinoa recipes.
Now it’s pretty silent when it comes to quinoa.
Today I’m bringing quinoa back with this amazing chicken quinoa enchilada casserole. This time in a family friendly version. I’ll be perfectly honest, I CRAVE this casserole a lot. It is that good.
Now let’s quick review since it’s been awhile since we’ve posted a quinoa recipe. Quinoa is good for you because:
1. Quinoa is a supergrain. Why do I picture a cape on every single grain of quinoa right now? Maybe I really am that tired.
2. Quinoa contains nine essential amino acids–which also makes it a super protein. Quinoa earns it’s cape.
3. Fiber! Quinoa contains a double dose of fiber making it great for your body. Fiber also helps move along things in your body.
4. Quinoa contains vitamins including iron, lysine, magnesium, riboflavin and manganese.
5. It’s a 3000 year old grain dating back to the Incas. It’s been around…
For this recipe we used Harvestland Brand chicken. Harvestland uses a superior quality of meat that contains no hormones, antibiotics, or steroids. Harvestland meat is also raised on an all vegetarian diet. In addition to chicken, you can also find turkey and pork products. Harvestland products can be easily located at select grocery stores and at most Walmart retailers. You can find other great recipes in addition to this one on their Pinterest board or their Facebook page.
And today, we’re giving away $20 worth of Harvestland products for you to try! With the Superbowl around the corner, who couldn’t use some meat at the party?
Cilantro Lime Dressing: http://burntapple.com/2013/04/15/cafe-rio-cilantro-lime-dressing/
How to Cook Quinoa/Freezing Quinoa Instructions (Cookin’ Canuck): http://www.cookincanuck.com/2013/03/how-to-freeze-quinoa-and-quinoa-recipe-link-up/
Rice Cooker Quinoa: http://burntapple.com/2012/11/05/how-to-cook-quinoa-two-ways/
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.