Every now and again I have someone ask about sugar free desserts. Sometimes they are looking to go sugar free or keto for different reasons.
This recipe is PERFECT for those times that you are craving some chocolate. These sugar free brownies taste amazing!
I dare you to try them but PLEASE make sure to check my notes on this recipe as there are some specific ways to eliminate the sugar free aftertaste if you are sensitive to it like I am. I really struggle with that aftertaste!
Sugar Free Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter (can substitute dairy free if desired)
- 10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (we used Lily’s)
- 1 1/4 cup flour (can substitute keto, gluten free, etc)
- 3/4 cup sugar (can substitute sugar free alternative but make sure it’s a 1:1 exchange sugar. To eliminate aftertaste, use 1/2 cup sugar free alternative and 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar (this will add some sugar))
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we used Lily’s)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
In a saucepan set to low heat, stir the butter and chocolate occasionally until melted. While the butter and chocolate are melting, place the flour, sugar, salt and eggs in a mixing bowl. When the chocolate mixture has melted stir it into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth evenly inside the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until edges are browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool completely and frost if desired.
- 3 cups powdered sugar (can use sugar free powdered sugar or 2 cups sugar free powdered sugar and 1 cup regular powdered sugar to eliminate aftertaste if desired)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (can substitute dairy free alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (do not substitute imitation vanilla)
- 3 tablespoons milk or water
In a bowl, stir frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour frosting over brownies, smooth evenly and allow frosting to set. Leftover brownies can be frozen if desired or can be placed in an airtight container for several days. Makes 16 brownies.