Usher in 2021 with the sweet taste of honeycomb and pear, a tangy vinaigrette and sprinkling of cheese.
It’s New Years and I’ve decided that just ushering in the New Year is enough for me this year. 2020 was rough. It had some amazing parts but it also had some really tough parts too. Looking back through the year it’s been fun but I’m ready for a new year. The year as all looks to be bittersweet but we are hoping for more sweet this year.
If you’re looking for some new recipes, head over to our top 10 of 2020 post. You’ll find some new ones and old favorites to try!
And if your New Year’s resolution is to eat healthier this year, we’ve got a wonderful new pear honeycomb salad today and ten of our favorites we have on rotation in our home. Here are some of our favorites to get you started this year:
Souvla San Francisco Chicken Salad Recipe (BurntApple)
BLT Chicken Salad (HealthBeet)
Pear Pomegranate Salad (Two Peas and Their Pod)
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)
Family Sized BBQ Chicken Salad (BurntApple)
Grilled Pear Salad with Sweet Honey Dressing (BurntApple)
Balsamic Steak and Bleu Cheese Salad (BurntApple)
Winger’s Sticky Finger Salad (BurntApple)
Caesar Salad (Foodie Crush)
Apple Salad with Walnuts and Cranberries (Recipe Tin Eats)
Now that you have got a great start to your new year and lot’s of great salad ideas it’s time to eat! This pear honeycomb salad has the perfect mix of sweet, salty and tangy! And it’s delicious for winter!
Pear Honeycomb Salad
- Lettuce (Can use spring mix or arugula)
- Bleu cheese crumbles (if bleu cheese isn’t your thing try feta)
- Shredded cooked chicken (we used rotisserie; omit for vegetarian or use meat free)
- Pear slices (you can grill them if you would like)
- Honeycomb (if you don’t have honeycomb you can drizzle honey)
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- In a bowl arrange lettuce. Top lettuce with cooked chicken, pear slices, and bleu cheese crumbles. Sprinkle honeycomb over the top of the salad and top with balsamic.