I am so excited for next week. It's time for summer and we will be featuring some great burger recipes and even a recipe for potato chips in the coming weeks. But today, it's time to highlight breakfast, and these protein pancakes have been a staple in my house the last few weeks as the temperatures have heated up.
At first glance (and the first time I threw them onto the griddle) I thought there was no way that they would turn out tasting decent.
They were delicious! The banana flavor isn't overpowering and there is a distinct egg taste but nothing that turned me off to finishing the entire pancake.
In fact, I've had them two times this week on my strength training days and once on my run day. I added a little more granola and some fresh fruit on top to give me some extra carbs and calories for the long run ahead.
These three ingredient pancakes are simple to make and will keep you feeling satisfied until lunch time.
These delicious protein pancakes only take three ingredients to make and taste wonderful topped with fresh fruit.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal or almond flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp granola (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh fruit (optional)
- Agave, pure maple syrup or greek yogurt to taste
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg, banana and flax meal or almond flour and cinnamon
- Pour mixture onto the griddle and allow to cook until bubbly in the center and edges are cooked. (This may take up to ten minutes).
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for several more minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from stove and top with granola, fresh fruit and syrup, or a dollop of greek yogurt if desired.
Each pancake=259 calories. ¼ cup fruit=40 calories 1 tbsp maple syrup=52 calories 1 tbsp agave=60 calories
**We suggest cooking your pancakes in an 8" griddle/omelet pan to get that pancake shape**
These look great and they are gluten free? I'm pinning. Linda Crafts a la Mode
Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week 🙂