The weather outside just keeps growing colder and I come back from runs absolutely freezing cold. A warm cup of soup sounds delicious when I get back. This five minute allergy friendly chicken soup is the best after a cold run.
This is NOT in any way enjoyable to run out in, but one step up from running on a treadmill.
- 1 3oz packet ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet) or one packet Miracle Noodles.
- ½ carrot peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ celery stalk, cut into bite sized pieces (optional)
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of parsley
- 1 tsp thinly sliced green onion or ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup cooked chopped chicken
- Oil, for brushing vegetables
- MICROWAVE VERSION: In a microwave safe bowl, place the vegetables and lightly brush with oil. (Approximately 1 teaspoon). Microwave for 30-45 seconds. (30 seconds for carrots only and 45 seconds for carrots and celery). Break the ramen noodles into small pieces or drain Miracle Noodle packet and add to the bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover the bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- STOVETOP VERSION: Heat saucepan to medium heat. Add vegetables and lightly brush with oil (approximately 1 teaspoon). Cook on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook until noodles are tender. Serve.