This delicious asparagus and red pepper frittata is filled with parmesan and pepperjack cheese, quinoa, and topped with basil.
I am really not a big frittata person. The word is too fancy. And if the word is too fancy than it usually means that I will somehow screw up the recipe when I make it. That and it's kind of like the word quinoa. For the longest time I pronounced it "qwin-o-ah." People at the stores looked at me funny. I finally figured out it was "keen-wa."
Yes, frittata was too fancy of a word. So was quinoa. But this recipe has them both.
But when asparagus went on sale the same week that red bell peppers did it was kind of hard NOT to make this recipe. It was the best lunch ever.
Of course, you can have it for dessert, use it as a fancy schmancy breakfast, or have it as lunch like I did.
- 12 asparagus spears bottoms trimmed off
- 1 tbsp oil
- 12 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup fresh grated Pamesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 cups cooked quinoa (2 cups uncooked)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet place the asparagus spears. Lightly drizzle spears with oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, quinoa and red bell peppers.
- Lightly grease a large skillet pan. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Heat on medium heat covered for 10-15 minutes until egg is soft set. Arrange the asparagus on top, sprinkle with basil and pepper jack cheese.
- Remove pan from the heat and place under the oven broiler for 2-3 minutes until eggs are set. Remove from oven, let stand for five minutes, then cut into wedges to serve.
I love the Asparagus and Red Pepper combination for your Frittata, it looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a very special week.
Come Back Soon!
T'onna Peters (Navy Wifey Peters)
Looks yummy! I love asparagus! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!