Sometimes you just need some chill weekends. I love those weekends. Nothing on the calendar. Nothing to do. Nowhere to go.
This was not one of those weekends.
In between everything else going on, I did get some time to see Wonder Woman. I seriously felt so bad a after watching it. (Well, at least my dreams did). When I hit the gym the next morning reality hit that I have a very long way to go before I ever reach that status. So I'll keep dreaming.
But while I was at the gym waiting for my friend to finish their last few reps before it was my turn I got hungry. That happens a lot at the gym. I get so hungry towards the end of my workouts. I started flipping through Instagram and saw this recipe for cloud eggs. It sounded totally bizarre to me but several of the statements said it was "the recipe taking the internet by storm."
Some of the egg clouds didn't sound too appetizing but give me a new recipe with cheese and bacon and I'll try it.
These bacon cheddar chive cloud eggs came out tasting delicious. The crispy part of the egg tasted biscuity almost with the addition of the egg yolk and bacon, cheddar and chives.
Take the internet by storm and make this for breakfast!
Bacon Cheddar Chive Cloud Eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup bacon, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
3 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In two bowls, separate the egg whites and egg yolks.
- Pour the egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk the egg whites on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Make four circular mounds on the baking sheet with the egg whites, making a well in the center of each mound.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 3 minutes. Open the oven and place an egg yolk in the center of each of the mounds. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3 minutes. The last minute of bake time add the bacon, cheddar and chives.
- Remove from oven and serve.