Barbeque chicken quesadillas are filled iwth the tangy taste of barbeque sauce, onions, chicken and cheese. Great for an easy lunch or a quick and simple dinner.
We are now officially one week into the summer and the kids are bored. B-O-R-E-D. It starts at about 10:00 am once chores and reading and morning TV are done. From 10:00 am on it's a trio of protests from the troops. I'm still busy! I have to think on my feet and try to find things for them to do. All. Day. Long.
A few days ago we tried these barbeque chicken quesadillas for lunch. They were a huge hit because the kids were tired of their usual cheese quesadillas.
Well, they weren't bored of the same old lunch after having this. At least for the fifteen minutes they were eating. Then I had to go back to entertaining them.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican blended cheese or cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 4 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 tsp red pepper, crushed (optional)
- 4 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Spread one tablespoon of barbeque sauce evenly over each tortilla. On one half of each of the four tortillas, layer the chicken, cheese, red onion, red pepper (if using) and cilantro.
- Fold the tortilla over and on the grill or in a pan on the stove set to medium heat place the tortillas. When the bottom of the tortilla is browned and the cheese is beginning to melt (approximately 2-4 minutes) flip the tortilla and cook the other side.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
These look really yum! I'll have to make them for sure! Thanks for sharing on Worthwhile Wednesdays!
~Allie @ http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com