I think brownies are one of those chocolate necessities. Right up there with chocolate chip cookies, and a big old handful of chocolate chips. Pretty much any chocolate is fine. But brownies are up there for breakups, days you need a whole pan of chocolate to offset a bad day and the most intense chocolate cravings.
We love this brownie skillet because if you want to just break out the fork you can or you can be good and try to slice it in as big (or little) slices as you want.
- 10 tbsp butter
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an oven safe skillet and set aside.
- In a bowl or saucepan, place the butter and chopped chocolate. Melt in the microwave or on the stovetop, stirring until smooth. Allow mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the sugar, eggs and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, mixing until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the skillet. Place skillet in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven, allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving
It looks awesome and tasty brownie !! It will be amazing to prepare chocolate chip cookies; my kids would love it. Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂