It's the fall, and it's my favorite time of the year. As soon as it was the day after Labor Day, my youngest kept asking when it was going to be time to put up the decorations for fall. So we did and shortly after seeing the decorations go up the two oldest were asking when I would go to the store to buy pumpkin.
They were ready for pumpkin season and all the pumpkin recipes that go with it.
So was I, however the weather wasn't exactly pumpkin weather yet. With the weather finally turning and the leaves in the canyon starting to turn, it's time for some delicious pumpkin recipes!
Since my time has been limited this week with a large project for school, training meetings and a busy work schedule, easy recipes are the only way to go. This recipe is so simple...it just uses a cake mix! We used Simple Mills because of the ingredients and taste.
- 1 11.5oz box vanilla cake mix (we used Simple Mills)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp cloves)
- ½ cups chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs, pumpkin and spices until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until mixed well.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes until muffins spring back lightly when touched or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the muffin cup for several minutes before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Leave a Reply