I know, I know. New Year's resolutions. That was so Monday. Today? TODAY comes at the heels of being sick for several days. I hate being sick and when I feel better it's time for some delicious cookies.
These candied pecan snickerdoodles do NOT disappoint. If you've been hitting it hard at the gym all week, working hard at those New Year's resolutions then you have earned yourself some cookie calories.
These candied pecan snickerdoodles are amazing. You'll need a batch of these candied pecans.
Time to eat!
Candied Pecan Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour (GF can be substituted)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup candied pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes on medium speed, until mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Blend in the eggs, then the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, mixing on low speed until combined. Fold in the candied pecans.
- Turn off mixer, In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and roll the cookies in the sugar mixture.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet, leaving two inches of space between cookies.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, allow to cool on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving moving the cookie from the cookie sheet to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Leave a Reply