An easy cheesy baked cauliflower recipe with just a few simple ingredients and ready in minutes! (Gluten free, vegetarian, FODMAP friendly)
Making Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
Making baked cauliflower is very simple and easy to do. It's the perfect side dish! It only requires a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time to make.
The ingredient list is small on this one. You will need:
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper
The cheesy cauliflower bake is going to be a three step process.
First: You will want to prep the cauliflower by cutting off the stem and removing any leaves. Then you will want to start a boiling pot of water on the stove.
Second: You'll make your cauliflower topping by mixing together the mayonaise, parmesan cheese and spices together and setting it aside. You'll blanch cauliflower by placing it in the pot of boiling water for four minutes. Turn the cauliflower on each side.
Third: Remove the cauliflower from the pot, pat dry and place it in a lightly greased 8x8 inch baking dish. Cover the cauliflower with the mayonaise cheese mixture evenly then bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. Remove the oven and slice to serve.
This recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator then reheated. But I prefer this recipe served fresh. You can reheat in the microwave. I do not recommend freezing.
Need More Cauliflower in Your Life?
Okay, I've got more easy cauliflower recipes for you!
- Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust with Copycat CPK Pear Gorgonzola Topping
- Hummus Snack Board
Need More Easy Recipes? Sign Up and Never Miss Another Five Ingredient or Less Recipe Again!!
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower stem trimmed, leaves removed
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish then set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonaise, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper until combined.
- On the stove, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower head and cook for approximately four minutes. (Two minutes each side)
- Remove the cauliflower from the pot, pat the cauliflower dry, then place the cauliflower in the baking dish. Spread the mayonaise cheese mixture evenly over the cauliflower.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven, slice and serve.
The crunchy cheesy top is to die for! Great side dish that goes with almost anything.
I absolutely love cauliflower and this did not disappoint! Will definitely be making it again.
Made this for my mom and she couldn’t stop talking about it! The cauliflower was so yummy we loved it 😊
I love the garlic + parm combo and though we do cauliflower often I had never roasted it whole before. Kiddos though it was SO cool!
I am trying to eat more veggies this year so I tried this one out and loved it. It's super simple with only a few ingredients. Thanks!