Chicken and biscuit pizza tastes like a pot pie but is an easy way to get kids eating their veggies! A fun and easy meal for busy families!
Fast and easy meals are a necessity at our house. Just today alone I run from taekwondo to Scouts to a soccer game to a youth group. Then there are chores, homework, and dinner. From 2:30pm to 9:30pm it's crazy at our house.
I've got 10 minutes to prep and only 20 minutes to cook dinner. The kids are hungry and need to go to their next activity. And they need some fuel to keep them going.
To make this meal even easier you can totally cheat and use premade biscuit mix. We used Immaculate Baking's Biscuits.
This dinner tastes just like a chicken pot pie. But in pizza form! So the kids will love it and won't fight you about eating your vegetables.
- 1 container biscuit dough (can use gluten free if desired)
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ lb chicken tenders
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour or rice flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ yellow onion, chopped thinly
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese (can use reduced fat if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan. Open the biscuit dough and roll the dough to fit pan. Set aside for later use.
- In a pan, place the oil and chicken tenders, garlic powder, italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the pan, add the flour to the chicken drippings in the pan. Add the milk, whisk constantly until thickend. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Spread the white sauce evenly over the biscuit dough. Evenly spread the chicken, onion, carrots and peas over the pizza. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove from oven, slice and serve.
Leave a Reply