It's summer! Grab a chocolate covered strawberry popsicle and relax while reading a good book or sitting poolside!
Yesterday was the first 100 degree day and it was so hot and miserable. I always have a bunch of these pops in the freezer. Strawberries are very inexpensive this time of year so it's usually strawberry. Sometimes I will mix the chocolate chips in to the strawberry mixture and other times I go a little fancy and make chocolate covered strawberry popsicles.
This past weekend i went hiking up at our local dog friendly canyon. We were trying to find a specific trail but found that the road to the trail was still closed. So we decided to hike from the part of the road that was closed to the trailhead like a lot of other people were doing and figured it would be around a mile from the closed road to the trailhead.
It wasn't. Three miles up from the closed road we still hadn't hit the trailhead so we decided to head back and call it a day. Six miles round trip was a good day. And there were lot's of things to see a long the way.
Since it was hot, streams were EVERYWHERE up the canyon. And they were gorgeous with butterflies flying around them.
I didn't get any cute butterfly pictures, but I did get a dog in the stream. This girl was having a lot of fun. She is so funny. She's always like a little human at home but flips and goes primal hunter doggy (we call it bird mode) when on the trail or out in the field. She is so fun to watch and people always love stopping to watch her.
Popsicle after the hike! (My FAVORITE part of a hike).
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- Chocolate Chips (we used Enjoy Life for dairy free but recommend Ghiradelli for full of dairy)
- Rinse and wash strawberries. Remove stems.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding a tablespoon or two of water if needed.
- Fold in chocolate chips to taste if desired or pour just the strawberries into your desired popsicle mold.
- For chocolate dipped strawberries, melt chocolate and then dip frozen popsicles into the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to freezer prior to serving or store popsicles in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply