It's Friday and that means that it's time to end the week with something sweet. These chocolate hazelnut spread chocolate chip cookies are the perfect way to end your week of hard work.
This week I started running again with my toddler since the weather has been good. Oh the pain of adding extra weight. That jogging stroller, her books and her toys and her added body weight sure make for one insane workout. I am sore this week!
This recipe uses chocolate hazelnut spread that creates a beautiful marble swirl through the cookie and a warm nutty chocolate taste in every bite. This is one cookie worth running for!
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- (Note: In place of the 1 ½ cup of white and brown sugar you can substitute 1 ½ cups coconut, raw, succanat, maple or other sugars here)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread + additional ¼ cup cup chocolate hazelnut spread for marbling
- 2 cups semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed cream the butter and sugars together for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the vanilla and eggs, stirring until combined. Stop and scrape bowl if necessary.
- Return mixer to low speed and slowly stir in the flour mixture. Add in the ⅓ cup of chocolate hazelnut spread and continue mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Loosely fold in the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate hazelnut spread with a knife or spatula to give the cookies a marbled look.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheet, leaving approximately two inches of space between cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Recipe Adapted From West Coast Mama
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread for this recipe provided by Nocciolata.
yum yum yummy!! thanks for sharing 🙂
These cookies are headed straight for my cookie jar!! Happy St. Patrick's Day and thank you so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
Oh those look yummy. And I'll bet they'd work just as well with gluten free flour. I'm going to have to give that a try. Thanks for the recipe.