Life can change in an instant. I'm one week away from starting my masters degree and I'm not going to lie that I think I'm more nervous about starting my masters than I ever was my bachelor's degree. Now I'm not just proving I'm smart enough to get a degree--they just assume I'm smart enough.
With that in mind, it will be time to start packing lunches and dinners on the go for me. Today as part of the Secret Recipe Club, I'm highlighting Traci (no not me, but another Traci who is incredibly cool in my book for spelling her name the same way I do) of Cooking With Traci. She has some fabulous ideas for busy on the go meals. Here are just a few of them we found and liked:
L-R: Mason Jar Salad, Fruity Chicken Salad, Pumpkin No Bake Energy Bites
Today, we're making some delicious on the go coconut cream homemade Lara bars. They are delicious and have a wonderful flavor to them. And don't forget to scroll down to see other great recipes from Secret Recipe Club members!
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or foil, making sure that there is enough foil and parchment paper to line the sides and bottom of the pan.
- In a food processor, pulse grind the almonds, cashews and coconut until fine.
- To the food processor add the dates, oil and water. Continue to pulse grind until a dough begins to form.
- Press the dough into the pan evenly. Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow to set for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and slice into 8 sized bars.
- To store: Place bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
I'm glad you like the Coconut Cream Larabars.
From the other Traci. (There are 4 Traci's in the school I teach at. 2 of us spell our name with an I.)
Lynsey @ Lynsey Lou's
You had me at coconut cream! These bars sound so easy and so delicious! Great pick. Good luck on your master's!
Emily @ Life on Food
Oh I love Lara bars and coconut. This is right up my alley and I am all about quick grab and go snacks and breakfasts these days. Boy life can be busy at times. Happy Reveal Day!
Ooh, I have a bag of dates that I need to use up. Will definitely be trying these. They look delicious.
Congrats on starting your new program. These look like a wonderful afternoon snack.Great SRC post!
Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories
You will do great in school! Getting my Master's was way easier than my bachelor's, mostly because I was a responsible adult, lol! These bars will help you power through!!
Thank you so much Karen! You are the first person to say that! Thank you for the advice and help!
I am absolutely making these and saving myself a ton of money. Good luck with the Master's degree...they assume you are smart because you are!!
Thanks Wendy! We'll see...I'm nervous! Enjoy the recipe.
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Heck yea love making my own lara bars! Never heard of this flavor but now I must try it.,