Sometimes you just gotta be a little bad. This amazing crispy cinnamon raisin french toast has it all. Crispy outer edges melt into a rich cinnamon ribbon of flavor in your mouth with an added pop of sweetness from the raisins. It's amazing.
When I served this I heard a lot of mmm's. Mmm's are a really good sign.
Break out the skillet and eggs and let's get cooking. It's time to eat!
This is a fantastic Sunday breakfast idea that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Oh, and your welcome. I also made it gluten free and dairy free. (Hey! I wanted a bite too!)
Crispy, Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- 4-6 slices cinnamon raisin bread (gluten free can be substituted).
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (dairy free substitutions can be used)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup bread crumbs (gluten free can be used)
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter or coconut oil
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, half the cinnamon and half the sugar until smooth. Set bowl aside.
- In a pie pan or shallow dish, stir together the breadcrumbs, remaining sugar and cinnamon. Stir in two tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil and with a fork stir until breadcrumbs are slightly moistened.
- Heat the rest of the butter or coconut oil over medium low heat in a nonstick skillet
- Submerge each piece of bread into the egg mixture, flipping the bread over to coat both sides. Place each piece of bread in the breadcrumbs and turn to coat. Press the breadcrumbs onto the bread to fully coat.
- Place the bread in the skillet and allow the toast to cook for 4-6 minutes on one side, than flip over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side until breadcrumbs are browned.
- Remove the pieces of bread from the pan when cooked, than place on plate and serve with maple syrup.
Leave a Reply