Satisfy your sweet tooth with these indulgent double chocolate salted caramel cookies. Rich and delicious, this easy recipe is sure to be a hit for any occasion. Get baking now for an indulgent treat that everyone will love!Jump to Recipe
Making Salted Caramel Cookies
Gather Your Ingredients
Before you start baking, make sure you have all the ingredients on hand. This recipe calls for all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, butter, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, semi-sweet chocolate chips and salted caramel sauce. Once you have everything lined up in your kitchen it’s time to get started!
Preheat Oven and Line Baking Tray
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. This will make the cookies easy to remove when they’ve finished baking by preventing sticking. Once the oven is preheated, you’re ready to mix all the ingredients together.
Mix Dry Ingredients Together in a Bowl
Start with sifting together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Use a whisk to combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until everything is evenly distributed throughout. This helps prevent lumping or clumping of ingredients in your cookies!
Add Wet Ingredients and Combine Well
Next, add the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix them together until combined. Then add in the salted caramel sauce. Finally, stir in your dark chopped chocolate until everything is mixed together thoroughly. Your double chocolate salted caramel cookie dough is now ready to be baked!
When Your Cookies are Done Baking
Finally, it’s time to bake your delicious double chocolate salted caramel cookies! When they are done baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Drizzle with caramel sauce glaze made by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar, ½ cup salted caramel sauce (homemade or store bought) and 2 tablespoons milk together.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you don't have to use salted caramel sauce, but I highly recommend it! The salty-sweet combination is what makes these cookies so delicious. If you can't find salted caramel sauce, you can make your own by melting caramel candies with a little bit of cream and salt.
Store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you need to store them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
yes, just substitute a gluten free all purpose flour.
- Use room temperature ingredients for the best results.
- Don't overmix the dough. Overmixing can develop the gluten in the flour, which will make the cookies tough.
- Bake the cookies for the exact amount of time specified in the recipe. Overbaking will make the cookies dry and crumbly.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet before storing them in an airtight container.
Let's Make More Cookies!
can you ever have enough cookies? If you are needing more cookies in your life than I highly suggest trying some pumpkin caramel cookies or some caramel stuffed chocolate cookies. You can also browse our amazing cookie recipe collection!
Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies
- For the cookies:
- ½ stick unsalted butter (¼ cup)
- 4 ounces semi sweet or dark chocolate chopped
- ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder do not use dutch process
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce
- For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce recipe here or you can use store bought
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Over low heat on the stove in a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter. You can also microwave the chocolate and butter together for thirty seconds. Remove from the microwave, stir and then microwave for thirty seconds more until melted.
- Transfer the chocolate to the bowl of your kitchen mixer. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and caramel sauce on medium speed until mixture is combined. Stop and scrape the bowl if necessary. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until all flour has been blended well.
- Roll one tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on a cookie sheet. Continue rolling dough,placing cookies two inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies at 325 degrees for approximately 9-11 minutes or until the tops have cracked and cookies have spread. Remove from heat and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for approximately five minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.