Tis the season for those last minute holiday gifts and this year we have a fun gift to give that's been trending all over the internet. Hot cocoa bombs have been the rage this year and they are so easy to make! We even have a way to make these hot cocoa bombs allergy friendly. We've got you covered with some great holiday gifts.
And while you're waiting for these to set up you can also make some of these great DIY holiday gifts.
How cute are these dog cake pops from Bubba Rose? We found these at our local dog food store and fell in love. We had to pick up some for some of our neighbors dogs that like to visit.
This is also the season that our elf gets a little more mischievious. I feel the same way Fizzy. I can't believe there was no chocolate. who would dare eat it all before you had a chance to eat it?
As for cake pops we made some fun flavors.
Now let's get making some simple and easy hot cocoa bombs!
Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Chocolate Chips
- Hot cocoa mix (you can use any flavor you want)
- Silicone molds
- Sprinkles and other decorations
- Piping bags
- Truffle boxes
- Melt chocolate chips. We recommend melting about ¼ of a chocolate chip bag per 12 slots of chocolate mold. For best results, make sure the chocolate is melted to about 84-90 degrees.
- Evenly scoop and fill each mold with chocolate. Freeze for several minutes in the freezer once filled.
- Check molds and if needed add an extra layer of chocolate and refreeze.
- Remove chocolate from molds. Scoop one tablespoon of hot cocoa mix into each chocolate mold. Pipe melted chocolate along the seam to seal. Allow chocolate seal to harden and then decorate as desired.
- Place hot cocoa bomb into the truffle box once chocolate has hardened.
Need more help making hot cocoa bombs? We found this tutorial by I Am A Food Blog really helpful.
Leave a Reply