Tis the season for salads. They are simple and easy to make and perfect for those hot nights when you don't want to cook! This simple and easy salad only needs five ingredients and you can pick and choose what toppings you want. It's salad season, let's eat! (Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian, FODMAP)
The base of this recipe is very simple. You just start with:
- Barbeque chicken (can substitute vegan chicken)
From there you can add or take out whatever ingredients you would like. Some of our favorite toppings are:
- Black beans
- Bacon bits
- Cooked, charred corn
- Tortilla strips
- Ranch dressing
- Chopped or diced red onions
Making the Chicken
There are several ways to make the chicken:
- Grill: A classic summertime barbeque chicken always includes the addition of some grilled chicken hot off the barbeque.
- Broiled: No barbeque? We opt for broiling. It's done quickly and has the look of barbeque chicken.
- Pan Grilled: Our last option would be a nice pan grilled barbeque chicken.
Enjoy your favorite barbeque sauce for glazing. You decide what you like and have some on hand to brush on the chicken while baking.
Five Ingredient Barbeque Salad
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 8 cups lettuce, chopped
- Toppings, see notes
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat broiler, barbeque or stove to medium heat. Once heated, add chicken and baste with barbeque sauce. cook chicken for several minutes on one side, then flip over and baste and cook chicken for several more minutes on the other side. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from heat and allow to sit for several minutes. While the chicken sits, add lettuce to plates, then layer with desired toppings. Cut chicken into strips, baste with additional barbeque sauce if desired. Place the chicken on top of the salad and drizzle salad dressing on top. Serve