Fusing Italian and Greek into one delicious aromatic basil pizza with rich creamy genovese pesto! This gluten free pita pesto pizza is ready in just five minutes!Jump to Recipe
Pesto is a flavor combination unlike any other. Once you try it, you'll fall in amore! (love)
There are many pesto flavors out there, but most are made with basil, pine nuts, garlic, cheese and oil.
No, pesto does not need to be heated before using.
Yes, it is recommended to refrigerate fresh pesto, or refrigerate after opening canned pesto.
Yes, if your pesto has been sitting awhile, it is highly recommended that you stir the pesto prior to using as ingredients may separate a little.
Options for Using Pesto
There are plenty of wonderful ways to use pesto! Some include:
- Stirring into warm pasta or grains like quinoa
- Spreading onto sandwiches, toast, or breads
- Using pesto as a marinade for meats and vegetables
- Using pesto as a dip for veggies or pita chips.
- In soups--pesto adds a robust flavor to soup!
- Using a spoonful of pesto on top of a salad as salad dressing
- Stirring some pesto into mashed potatoes
The ingredient list for this meal is simple! All you need are:
- Pita: We used BFree Gluten Free pita bread
- Pesto: We went with Barilla creamy Genovese pesto.
- Parmesan: We highly recommend some freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Tomatoes: Top off your pizza with some fresh sliced tomatoes!
Other Pesto Recipes
I found some other quick and easy pesto recipes to make too!
Five Minute Gluten Free Pita Pesto Pizza
- 1 whole pita
- 1 tbsp pesto
- ¼ cup parmesean
- 1 tbsp diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a pita on the baking sheet. Spread one tablespoon of pesto on the pita. (Depending on the size of your pita you may need a little more pesto and cheese).
- Sprinkle cheese generously over the pita and pesto. Arrange tomatoes on top.
- Place pita under the broiler for 1-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve.