Our summer has been a very toasty one to say the least. I knew it was coming. The winter was mild so I knew that the summer was going to be hot. It was the perfect winter though. Little to no snow.
Last night was one of those nights that I had something totally different in mind planned for dinner. And then I opened the cupboards and none of the ingredients I needed were there.
Run to store?
Run to internet??
I chose to run to the internet to find a recipe that would work in place of the one that I wanted. It was just one of those days that I needed to rest and running around like crazy like I'm used to doing didn't sound very appealing.
This garlic parmesan chicken pasta salad is an easy recipe that is perfect for a Sunday night dinner. The noodles have a light garlic buttery taste and the chicken has a nice breaded flavor with a slight hint of Italian seasonings. Parmesan cheese tops everything off with a nice ending to a perfect combination of flavors.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup milk
- 1 8 oz package pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (can also substitute Italian blend cheese)
- Pour milk into a shallow dish. In another bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan. Dip the chicken in the milk than dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the pan. Once all the chicken is breaded, cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, uncovering the last ten minutes of baking to brown. Chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink in the center.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, keeping ½ cup of the pasta water for later.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, garlic, parsley and pasta water into the saucepan. Cook for about five minutes on medium heat. Add in the pasta and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until some of the water has been absorbed and the pasta is well coated in the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Cut chicken into slices and place on top of the pasta. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken. Serve.
Pasta: You can use any pasta of your choice. For Gluten Free: Substitute gluten free breadcrumbs and gluten free pasta.
Recipe adapted from DeLallo
Leave a Reply