Delicious gluten free dairy free pancakes make breakfast easy and simple! Repair muscles with something delicious that fit's into your dietary eating habits.
Going to the gym should be a lot of fun this morning. On Saturday I decided to go hiking to a place I've been wanting to go with the kids for a long time. But I didn't just want to take them and wing it--hoping the trails and the views would be worth their time. So I opted to hit the road and head out and do EVERY. SINGLE. HIKE. We hiked about 15-16 miles and hit every hike the park had to offer. I am SO taking the kids!
I've also had a few people email me asking about what I pack on my hikes since I have food allergies. I'll make sure that I put up a post soon for you.
This morning though it's back to the routine of going to the gym and today I'm going to need some protein for my tired muscles.
These gluten free dairy free protein pancakes are delicious and light and fluffy. I throw some berries in mine and sometimes chocolate chips.
- 1 cup gluten free oats or gluten free flour blend (we use ½ namaste and ½ almond flour)
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt or non dairy yogurt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 1-2 scoops non dairy gluten free protein powder
- ½-3/4 cup nondairy milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips or cut up mixed berries (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, place all the ingredients. Start by placing ½ cup of the liquid in the blender, reserving the remaining ¼ cup if needed to thin batter. Blend until smooth, adding the additional liquid if needed. fold in chocolate chips or berries.
- Preheat griddle then pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Allow pancakes to cook for several minutes until bubbly in the center and the edges are formed. Flip the pancake and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until done. Remove from griddle, serve with syrup.
Leave a Reply