This year, I'm handing my husband this recipe for dairy free gluten free Valentines chocolate cake. With only five ingredients you'll probably have most of the items around your house! And it's perfect because you can easily make this recipe for one person! (gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, nut free, vegan, vegetarian, FODMAP friendly)Jump to Recipe
Making Gluten Free Valentines Chocolate Cake
Our simple Valentines cake recipe only uses three ingredients. THREE! How simple is that?
- DAIRY FREE GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX: You can easily buy a chocolate cake mix at the store . Most major retailers and health food stores sell chocolate cake mix that is gluten free dairy free.
- OIL: You can use oil or applesauce for a lower fat version
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: If you want a little more chocolate flavor or have a chocolate lover, you can add a few more chocolate chips.
Since you're making this recipe for one, you'll want to use a ramekin. We found our heart ramekins in the Target Bullseye shop. If it's you and your date enjoying this cake together, feel free to double the recipe and divide it among two ramekins.
If you can't find the heart ramekins, we found some cute ones from Amazon too. *contains affiliate linksCute Heart Shaped Ramekins
To prepare the cake, all you need to do is lightly grease and flour your ramekins then set aside.
Mix together the gluten free chocolate cake mix, water and oil or applesauce until smooth. Pour into your ramekin and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool before frosting.
GET OUR GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX RECIPE HERE!
- EASY DAIRY FREE GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE FROSTING: If I'm serving my cake warm from the oven, I want my frosting to be warm and gooey too! I simply spoon a tablespoon or two of chocolate chips onto the cake when it comes out of the oven, then allow them to melt. I'll spread the chocolate evenly once the chocolate has melted.
- FROSTING RECIPES: There are plenty of good frosting recipes on our website to choose from too! Browse our recipes here.
- FRUIT: Sometimes, I'll slice strawberries and put them on top instead of frosting them too. Equally delicious!
Looking for More Easy Five Ingredient or Less Recipes?
If you love chocolate, you'll want to try some of our favorite chocolate recipes!
And for more delicious Valentines Day recipes, head over here!
Dairy Free Gluten Free Valentines Chocolate Cake For One
- 6 tbsp gluten free chocolate cake mix
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour your ramekins then set aside. Mix together the gluten free chocolate cake mix, water and oil or applesauce until smooth. Pour into your ramekin and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool before frosting.
I love how simple and easy this recipe is! And those little cake dishes are too cute - I'll have to get some!
Very presentable with the decoration. I made it for my mom and she just loved it.
These are very tasty and I especially love how you can make multiples and decorate them all differently!
Oh my gosh, it couldn't get simpler than this recipe! Perfect for an easy Valentine's Day at home but I'm also sure I'll be coming back to this recipe plenty more times for a quick dessert!
I was experimenting with some recipes for my galentine's party. This one will be on the party menu. It turned out great and perfect that it fits some of the food restrictions.