Cold weather requires this:
And if you've done the search on the internet, you know that a healthy hot cocoa mix is hard to come by. A really, REALLY good healthy hot chocolate mix.
This one has been time tested, worked and re worked and is now comfortably given as holiday gifts, or stored in the cupboard and taken out on a cold fall or winter day. It's a kitchen staple, stored much like flour and sugar. It's essential for surviving those blustery cold, windy days.
It also pairs quite well with this amazing recipe.
Healthy Hot Chocolate Mix
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 ½-3 cups powdered sugar or 1-2 cups white, natural or coconut sugar
- *The amount of sugar you use is simply to your personal taste preference. Some like a deeper, dark rich chocolate flavor while others prefer a more milk chocolatey taste. This is up to you.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- In a bowl, stir together the ingredients and combine thoroughly. Store in an airtight container, mason jar or ziploc container.
- To serve, place one cup of milk (can use almond, soy, cow, whatever your preference) and three tablespoons of hot cocoa mix into a cup. Heat for 60 seconds in the microwave or on low on the stovetop. Serve with coconut whipped cream, whipping cream or homemade marshmallows.
- *If using white, coconut, or natural sugar you may want to decrease the amount of hot cocoa mix used to 2 tbsp per one cup of milk.
Leave a Reply