Our family loves to vacation. But a vacation should be just that for all of us. It’s not a vacation when you have to haul camping gear, bedding, food, cooking materials and more. (At least to me). So today’s round up of the best large family vacation rentals under $100 in Utah should be your first stop if you are looking for an incredible budget friendly getaway in Utah for your entire family. Put money in your pocket and spend some time making memories with your family!
Are all of these places really under $100?
Absolutely! But please note that some of the listed places may fluctuate in price depending on the season or the time the article was written.
How did you rank the places you listed?
We ranked them into three categories: space and price, rental ammenities and nearby attractions. I have a certain criteria for choosing places. I guess the adage is "champagne taste on a beer budget." That's me. Except I find the champagne in the middle of the beer barrel.
How did you come up with those rankings?
Because we are a large family who travels pretty frequently. We know that what’s important to us is also important to you. We don’t want to have to haul the kitchen sink and everything else with us when we travel. We also want to make sure that wherever we are spending our money the kids are going to be busy and have a great time. We also have kids in all age ranges from young child to teenagers and know it can be so difficult to try to entertain them all so we make sure to list experiences any age group would enjoy.
#1 HEBER CITY/PARK CITY, UTAH
Heber City is listed as one of my bucket list places to own a family cabin one day. We love it here. You can getaway from the city but you are only a short distance away from Park City and Provo canyon. We come here a lot to four wheel, fish and hike. You can also enjoy Midway--a quaint Swiss themed town. Soldier Hollow is minutes away with golfing, mountain biking, skiing and sledding.
We found this incredible gem of a find only five minutes from Park City in Heber City for $95 a night! It sleeps 14 people and is gorgeous!
Heber City/Park City Utah:
- Space: Up to 14 guests, 4 bedrooms, 6 beds, 4 bathrooms
- Price: $95/night
- Property ammenities: Washer/dryer, air conditioning, wifi, kitchen and bath essentials
- Area attractions: Fishing, boating, paddleboarding at nearby Wasatch State Park, Deer Creek Reservoir or Jordanelle Reservoir, Swiss Days in Midway, Heber Valley Railroad, hiking (we love Cascade Springs for all ages!), take a tour and eat some real dairy straight from a working dairy farm, visit Homestead Crater (find lot's of coupons on Groupon), chuckwagon dinner, horseback riding
#2 BEAR LAKE, UTAH
Bear Lake is a year round destination but most people love to go here in the summer months when the town comes alive with boating, fishing, Raspberry Days and more! Plenty of amazing hikes are a short distance away and there are lot's of day adventures central to the location. The Cisco at Bear Lake offers a gorgeous condominium that easily fits up to 12 guests comfortably. Prices for the condo range from $89-$129 a night.
Bear Lake, Utah
- Space: Condo fits up to 12 people. 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds, sofa bed, floor mattress.
- Price; $89-129 depending on the time of year. The hosts occasionally run some specials on their property'sFacebook page.
- Property ammenities: Washer and dryer, air conditioning, fireplace, all bedding and bath items, Wifi, cable, game console, cooking equipment, BBQ grill.
- Area attractions: Boating, fishing, Raspberry Days, Pickleville Playhouse, Minnetonka Cave, bike rental, Ice Caves, and more ideas!
#3 FLAMING GORGE, UTAH
I fell in love with Flaming Gorge the first time I went there. Beautiful boating and fishing on a pristine beautiful gorge. There are also lot's of other great activities available in the area and Wyoming is also a short drive away.
This yurt has everything you need and sleeps up to eight people. It has all the comforts you'll need and the kids will talk about their stay here for years to come!
Flaming Gorge, Utah
- Space: Fits up to eight people. Two queen futons, queen bed, bunk beds.
- Price: $95/night depending on season
- Property ammenities: The property was originally listed on AirBnb, but you can also find more about the property here. The yurt has air conditioning and heating, a bathroom, kitchen, shower, wifi and more!
- Area attractions: Boating and fishing are what the area is most known for but you can also ATV, raft Green River (the river that feeds into Flaming Gorge), biking or hiking (we recommend Sheep Creek Geological Loop), kayak, paddleboard or paddleboat, golfing, horseback riding, boating
**PSSST! Vernal is close by Flaming Gorge. Keep reading below to see more places and things to do in Vernal!
#4 CEDAR CITY, UTAH
This quaint little town seems like a blink of an eye as you drive past. And most people do--either onto Saint George or up to Salt Lake. But hidden here in Cedar City is a gem of a place to stay! Skiing is only a short drive away and the city boasts the Shakespeare festival, Southern Utah University and more! It's a great family weekend getaway.
We found some incredible prices here too! For only $89/night you and 12 people can stay in a ski in/out condo at Brianhead!
If you're wanting to stay more in town, you can rent out a basement of a house that sleeps up to 10 people and has a sandbox, ping pong table and other activities to keep the kids busy!
And if you're looking to escape town a little, stay just ten minutes away in a themed mining town resort at Iron Springs!
Cedar City/Brianhead Utah:
- Space: #1: Ski In/Out Condo at Brianhead offers housing for up to 12 people, #2 in city home stay offers housing for up to 10 people, and #3 Iron Springs offers two bedrooms, two baths and plenty of beds for up to 10 people!
- Price: The ski/in out condo will set you back $89+ depending on the time and season, your in city home stay comes in at $99 a night and Iron Springs is $99/night.
- Property ammenities: The ski/in out condo offers accessibility to two chairlifts, a large master bedroom, great room and fireplace plus all the comforts of home. The in home city stay will provide you close access to everything in town plus keep the kids busy with a backyard basketball court, sandbox, swingset, ping pong and pool table. And if you're looking to stay at Iron Springs, you'll get a nice breakfast in the morning, porch swings, firepits, playground and pool and water features (pool and water features coming soon).
- Area attractions: Brianhead, Southern Utah University, Shakespeare Festival, Cedar City lake on the hills, Park Discovery, hiking (we suggest Cedar Breaks national monument), fishing (we like Wood's Ranch), petroglyphs and mining town exploration, Frontier Homestead (explore old pioneer houses and even pan for gold!)
Duschene and Vernal are only an hour away from each other but we think you'll love the prices and variety of fun offered at both. Duschene offers a step back in time with a real step back in time vibe. It also offers the opportunity to stay in an 11 guest cabin in the quiet middle of nowhere. Abuelo's cabin in Duschene is perfect for families who love no frills and just want to get out and enjoy the outdoors. The cabin is only five minutes from the lake and even has a slide entrance for kids! You can also enjoy a cabin on 10 acres of property in Duschene and all the ATV'ing space you'll ever need! For a fun themed vacation stay in a Granary in Vernal! You'll sleep inside a real silo!
- Space: Abuelo's Cabin fits up to 10 guests with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 7 beds. The 10 acre cabin retreat offers space up to 10 guests, a large loft and two bedrooms. The Granary Silo offers room for up to eight guests with two bedrooms, two baths and six beds.
- Price: Abuelo's cabin is $80/night, the 10 acre cabin retreat comes in at $100/night and the Granary Silo is $80/night.
- Property Ammenities: Abuelo's cabin offers a california king bed and new kitchen appliances. It also has a slide from the entrance of the home down, a porch swing, air conditioner, heater and all the ammenities of home. The 10 acre cabin retreat offers a wood burning fireplace and wrap around porch. The granary/silo offers a cooling system, wrap around stairs and gorgeous views.
- Area Attractions: Duchene and Vernal are popular areas for snow and motor sports. People come here to ATV, fish, snowmobile, boat and enjoy the uninterrupted starry skies at night. Other attractions include Starvation Reservoir, archery, Dinosaur National Monument, Utah Fieldhouse of Natural History Museum, hiking (we suggest Fantasy canyon, Moonstone Arch and McConkie Ranch Petroglyphs)
TELL US WHERE ARE YOUR FAVORITE LARGE FAMILY PLACES TO STAY?
Lava Hot Springs: Technically not in Utah but right outside in Idaho, it's a short two to three hour drive from Salt Lake and Utah County. Lava Hot Springs offers tubing, river floating, go karts, swimming, golfing, chuckwagon dinners, berry picking and many other fun activities for a budget friendly price.
Leave a Reply