So last week I shared a recipe for homemade lemon cake mix. And just because I was so excited that lemon season is around the corner, I couldn't resist but make cookies with it.
These lemon cake mix cookies are made with our homemade lemon cake mix. Simply pour your bag or jar of premade cake mix in a bowl and add a few ingredients. These cookies remind me of the Cool Whip Lemon Cookies you see floating around the web, only better for you.
And yes, there will be more great lemon recipes coming but if you have a favorite that uses lemon cake mix, don't hesitate to substitute our mix.
But first, make some cookies.
Spring is here and so is lemon season!
- 4 ½ cups homemade lemon cake mix
- 2 tbsp softened butter, coconut oil, or oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping (we used TruWhip)
- ½ cup powdered sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet then set aside. Pour the powdered sugar into a small bowl and set aside for later use.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix togeter the lemon cake mix, butter or oil, lemon juice, eggs, and whipped topping until smooth. Mix up dough into tablespoon sized balls, then roll completely in powdered sugar before placing on the cookie sheet. Leave space between each cookie to allow for spreading while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to the cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
I love lemon. I can't wait to try these. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I got your link from New Nostalgia link party.
Another recipe I am going to have to try! Thank you so much for sharing with us on VMG206 Brag About It!
Lou Lou Girls
This looks incredible! I'm drooling right now. Pinned and tweeted. We are so thrilled to have you at our party. Please stop by tonight at 7, so we can see your amazing projects. Lou Lou Girls