Naturally sweetened chocolate cake in a mug is great for on days you have a serious chocolate craving and only takes two minutes to make!
Life has been a rollercoaster. I feel like I've got pregnancy hormones but there is no way I'd be pregnant. The roller coaster of numb to mad to sad to anxiety to worry can cycle so fast some days I'm starting to worry I might have created a new DSM V diagnosis for myself that might have a name as long as Mary Poppins fabricated "supercala" word
. I know there is a lot on my plate--way too much on my plate. There are appointments, work, grading papers in anticipation of finals week, worries about how to pay for bills, worries about what to do with the future, my masters program starting in a mere few weeks, the kids, and ....the list just never ends.
I've started to emotional eat again and it's probably not a good combination. I've lost so much weight over the past few months that it feels good to eat. But I have to worry about how much I'm eating too. It's always easy to put on, but pretty tough to take off if you eat too much.
This naturally sweetened chocolate cake in a mug is delicious, portion controlled and hits that chocolate craving.
I love that it's ready in under two minutes. Even better for chocolate cravings.
- 3 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour, white whole wheat flour or gluten free flour (must have xantham gum in the mix)
- 3 tbsp sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk or milk substitute (we used almond milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life)
- In a microwave safe, mug, stir together all ingredients.
- Stir mixture in the mug until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Remove cake from microwave and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before eating. Top with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipping cream.
Leave a Reply