These naturally sweetened raspberry banana muffins have a sweet flavor with a little sass of raspberry and a hint of cinnamon. They are delicious and are perfect for breakfast.
The banana is your sweetner in this recipe so be sure to use very ripe bananas.
You can go grain free on these or use flour. It is a really versatile recipe and I've used all of these flours when making them. Just beware it is a very moist batter but the results are absolutely amazing!
Naturally Sweetened Raspberry Banana Muffins
- 3 bananas, ripened
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, nonfat greek yogurt or melted butter
- ½ cup coconut flour, almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh raspberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin cups in a muffin pan and set aside.
- With a masher and bowl, in a food processor, or in a blender, mash and puree the bananas. Move the bananas to a large mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
- Add in the coconut oil, greek yogurt, or melted butter, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ of the way full with batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan. Move to wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Will these turn out if you don't add the raspberries at all and just make them naturally sweetened banana muffins using all the rest of the ingredients and instructions?
Yes, they should turn out just fine! 🙂