The days cannot seem to decide what to do. Some days it's warm, the next day cold and raining. But there is no snow, so that makes me happy. Days like today when the weather is cold and chilly this non dairy beef stroganoff soup is wonderful to have on hand.
On the other hand, it's NOT a great idea to take your four year old to help you find items to decorate your bedroom with. She probably has very different decorating taste than you do.
But coming home and having some soup made a hard day of shopping much better. Because by the time I got home I had added about $40 in snacks, toys and other things to get that girl through the stores.
- 1 pound stew meat
- 1 packet onion soup mix, dry
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced into small bite sized pieces
- 1 cup egg noodles, cooked
- ½ cup sour cream (use non dairy--we used Tofutti)
- 1 cup milk (use rice or almond milk)
- In a slow cooker, place the meat. Top with onion soup mix, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and mushrooms. Cook on low for 6 hours on low. The last ten minutes of cooking add the noodles, sour cream and milk. Stir to combine. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Chef in Training
Leave a Reply