Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches get a makeover with these peanut butter and jelly bites! The perfect freezer meal for kids school lunches!
This recipe is for the kids. They claim I'm in a lunch rut. So I decided to whip up a few recipes that I could stick in the freezer. As a busy Mom who is going to school and working and juggling their crazy schedules, it only makes sense to make them the kind of gourmet lunches they think they should expect.
Peanut butter and jelly anyone?
Yup, we've got the bread counter stuffed full of bread, , jelly and peanut butter. And Nutella. For variety.
These peanut butter and jelly bites are the perfect solution for everyday boring sandwiches. Small enough to store in the freezer to pull out on busy mornings and perfect enough "gourmet" to satisfy their taste buds.
I usually double this recipe and store a bunch in a Ziploc freezer container. Then I pull them out and stick them in their lunches the night before or in the morning.
- ½ cup peanut butter (yes, sub almond or sunflower butter if needed)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- (Note: You can substitute ½ cup coconut or raw sugar in place of the white and brown sugar).
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup oatmeal, blended in a food processor or blender until flour like
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 jar strawberry, raspberry or grape jelly
- Melted peanut butter, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugars, vanilla extract and egg whites until smooth. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In each muffin cup, place one tablespoon of dough. Press your thumb into the middle of the dough lightly to allow dough to mold to the sides of the pan and form a cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press centers that have puffed up with your finger to reform the cup shape. Allow muffins to cool and then fill the cups with jam. Top with melted peanut butter if desired.
recipe adapted from Food Faith Fitness. Thanks for making PB&J so fancy!!
Leave a Reply