I couldn't let Christmas come without sharing one more of my favorite recipes. Our family is donut crazy and baked donuts are one of our favorites. These peppermint chocolate baked donuts are absolutely delicious and great for Christmas morning.
Everyone can use more peppermint in their life.
If you are still looking for last minutes gifts or treats to make, here are a few of our favorites we made this season:
Andes Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Chocolate Orange Cookies with Chocolate Orange Buttercream
Peppermint Chocolate Baked Donuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or butter (we substituted additional greek yogurt and it turned out great)
- 6 tbsp non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (this depends on how dark of a chocolate taste that you want)
- 5-6 tbsp milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Several drops peppermint extract or peppermint essential oils
- Crushed peppermint candies for garnish
- Preheat donut maker or oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the egg, milk, oil or butter, and yogurt.
- Mix the mixture together just until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon mixture into the donut maker or lightly greased mini donut pans. (Fill ⅔ of the way full)
- Bake in donut maker according to manufacturers direction or bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven or donut maker and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract or oil until smooth.
- Dip the tops of each donut in the chocolate and allow excess to drip off before placing back on the cooling rack. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top for garnish and allow frosting to set.
Leave a Reply