What kind of a week would it be without starting it off with a little pumpkin? Only this time, my sweet tooth decided to go a little healthy and I made this healthier pumpkin coconut loaf. It was absolutely amazing and was nice to enjoy after a hectic week.
Last week started with a quick weekend trip followed by a busy week with the kids. I felt a little quilty pulling into the gas station twice in one week with all the zig zagging trips I performed across town. I think even the car was exhausted and needing a break by today. So with the cooler weather I turned the oven on and went to work in the kitchen.
This pumpkin coconut loaf is made using coconut flour. The loaf stays nice and moist with the addition of pumpkin and the spices balance it all out. The flavor is hard to acknowledge as gluten free. In fact, I would have never known.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil or softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a standard loaf pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the coconut flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs. Stir in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup or honey, coconut oil or butter and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth. Slowly add in the flour mixture, continuing to stir just until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan, using the back of a spatula to smooth. Sprinkle the coconut flakes evenly over the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out smooth.
- Remove loaf from oven and allow to cool for up to one hour in the pan before removing from loaf pan to slice.
Recipe adapted from Sunny Side Ups
Looks great, and wonderful to "meet" you on craft schooling Sunday!