A recipe for rich and creamy pumpkin pie hot chocolate. Grab a cup, sit by the fire and enjoy!
I am not a hot cocoa fan. I love the taste of real chocolate--chocolate chips, chocolate bars. Why ruin the little bit of crunch chocolate provides by melting it?
I know many of you are shaking your heads at me, utterly confused by my lack of interest in one of the world's most beloved cold weather drinks.
I can understand how you feel.
As an apology I'm offering up one of our family favorites which also includes--you guessed it--pumpkin.
And because it has pumpkin I may have snuck a few sips and actually enjoyed it. Like, a LOT! It has a wonderful flavor and tastes like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in liquid form. It's incredibly good!
To make this, don't forget to use our healthy hot cocoa mix.
- 1 cup milk (you can substitute almond, soy, whatever)
- 3 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (just cinnamon can be substituted if needed)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Coconut whipped cream or heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Heat the milk on low until warm. Serve with whipped cream.
- Optional slow cooker method: (This works best for larger groups when you triple or quadruple the recipe): Place ingredients in the slow cooker. Heat on low for 1-2 hours or high for up to one hour.
Leave a Reply