Pumpkin Spice microwave granola is a quick and simple granola fix for busy mornings. Cooks in five minutes!
Pumpkin season is only a few weeks away from ending and soon people will be writing in asking for leftover ham recipes, peppermint recipes and sugar cookie recipes. I mourn pumpkin season ending almost as much as I mourn the loss of warm weather. (I just packed away the shorts--yes tears were shed).
School has been busy, my work load has over flowed and I just want to take a break and enjoy some healthier pumpkin recipes. Don't worry, Friday's post is just crazy, CRAZY good. Not necessarily good for you. I have to take breaks sometimes.
Hang in there and hold on. It's pumpkin to the finish line--Thanksgiving!
This recipe takes about fifteen minutes total and only five minutes to cook and has a wonderful taste to it. It will pair well with another recipe I'm sharing this week.
- 1 ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup nuts, chopped (walnuts or pecans work best)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (can substitute cinnamon)
- 2 tbsp ground flax, wheat germ or gf flour
- In a bowl, stir together the ingredients until combined and butter and honey coat the oats, nuts and flax well. Pour into a microwaveable dish.
- Cook for one minute on high. Stir, cook at additional 30 second to one minute intervals until oats become browned.
- Pour granola onto a cookie sheet and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container up to one week.
Leave a Reply