This is one of my favorite times of the year. It's pumpkin season and with Halloween around the corner your going to want to get your little trick or treaters off to a good start that morning with a good hot breakfast.
These pumpkin waffles are delicious and taste great. The recipe comes courtesy of Chocolate and Chillies. I'm highlighting her today as a member of the Secret Recipe Club.
She has some amazing pumpkin recipes on her site. If you're a pumpkin lover like me, you might want to try some of these delicious looking recipes on her site:
L-R: Soft Baked Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Oil Pie Crust, Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
And if you love these recipes, scroll down to the bottom for even more!
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk (substitutions okay)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ stick butter (6 tbsp), melted
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk (or substitute), pumpkin puree and butter. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and continue whisking until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl with a mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined.
- Cook the waffles according to manufacturers directions. Top with whipped cream, maple syrup, whipped coconut cream or other toppings if desired.
I very nearly made pumpkin waffles too, but ended making cornmeal waffles and then served them with pumpkin!
I love waffle recipes. I would love to give this pumpkin version a try.
Definitely cannot go wrong with pumpkin waffles this time of year. I have topped mine with a cranberry syrup before too, so good!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm
The perfect Fall breakfast or brunch.
Who knew waffles were so easy to make? I've got to try these!
Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories
Sounds delicious! I think I need a waffle iron.
Asiya @ Chocolate & Chillies
Waffles look like they turned out great! So glad you liked them 🙂 Happy Reveal Day!
Love these pumpkin flavors for breakfast!
Yum! I am loving all these pumpkin recipes! I really need to get myself a waffle maker so I can make these! 🙂
Oh, yea, Halloween is on a Saturday this year! Festive breakfast is definitely in order.
Emily @ Life on Food
I cannot get enough pumpkin things right now. These look fantastic. Happy Belated Reveal Day!
Such a great pick for the season! Love pumpkin waffles!