Does your lunch time routine sound something like this?
Three year old crying while screaming for chicken nuggets for the 800th day in a row. Your trying to shove a few on the plate and microwave them for her while listening to that email from your boss blare at you from the computer. Then the phone starts ringing incessantly from the counter where you can see the caller ID says it's your child calling from the school. Or maybe you work at a fast paced job where the only lunch you get is one that you can eat at your desk, in between appointments with patients or as you're in the car rushing to meet your client.
It's often an afterthought for most of us which often leads to eating fast food, or finding ourselves starving and eating junk food or carbs by the late afternoon.
75% of adults are looking to add more protein to their diets as many know higher protein meals help with keeping hunger at bay and providing essential fuel for a busy day full of activities. BOCA Essentials offers a line of complete protein meatless meal options that are delicious! Complete protein offers nine essential amino acids that the body needs but cannot produce on it's own.
The Boca Essentials line includes three bold new flavors, including:
- Breakfast Scramble with potatoes, scrambled eggs and vegetables
- Roasted Vegetables and Red Quinoa with brown rice
- Chile Relleno with green chile peppers, black beans and brown rice
BOCA Essentials can be found at major retailers with four patties running around $4.29. That's right around $1 per meal!
Today we've got one of our favorite (and FAST!) BOCA lunch specials for you.
- 1 BOCA Essential roasted vegetable with red quinoa and brown rice patty
- 1 slice pepperjack cheese
- 1 multigrain sandwich thin
- Lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onions, sliced cucumbers, zucchini or other vegetable
- Mayo or salsa (optional)
- Cook BOCA essential patty in microwave according to package directions. Stop the microwave when 10-15 seconds are left and place slice of cheese on top of the patty. Cook the remaining 10-15 seconds so cheese melts.
- Transfer the cheese topped patty to the sandwich thin than top the patty with vegetables and mayo or salsa. Place the top of the sandwich thin on top than eat.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Reply