I am completely addicted to this taco burger. High protein burgers FILLED with good taco-y stuff. We're talking a juicy taco burger filled with black beans, beef and seasoning to DIE for all topped with a southwest cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and a little bit of guacamole on top (if you want).
It's summer and I'm randomly scrolling through the phone while waiting to pick up the kids. Here's the top five crazy things we've caught this week:
- I tried these new Ortega taco bowls with the kids and for some reason was having a "moment" and was trying to form them to the outside of the bowl instead of the inside of the bowl. I finally figured it out after awhile.
- SHE. DOES. NOT. STOP. This is her at 6:00am. I just wanted to be in bed!
- The kids tried these Food Stirs cookie mix and bars. I had a coupon and cartwheel which made them the same price as the other boxed mixes. Did i tell you I picked up $62 worth of ground turkey, organic food and gluten free stuff at Target the other day for $18 with coupons and cartwheels? it doesn't happen often but when it does you may see me on the security cameras skipping giddily out of Target.
- These two have a habit of Amazon shopping for dog products together. Our latest find? They now want a Snuffle Mat. i love how she can now read me the description of the product, tell me why the dog needs it, scrambles over the price really quickly and then says "pleeeeeeassse?" and looks at me with her doe eyed puppy dog faced look to get me to buy it.
- She likes to read her own mail.
All in a day for us. i love our summer days.
I decided I was getting tired of the regular burger. I have had too many "normal" burgers lately and have been looking for higher protein options. So I kind of decided that this would be a good burger to try. I couldn't find the exact one that i wanted online and so I made up my own burger idea.
I was at the store looking for the perfect cheese for this recipe and fell upon this new Sargento Southwest Cheese I would highly recommend pepperjack if you want a spicier burger and this southwest version for a more toned down version. Either gives the burger a really nice kick and helps the overall taste of the burger.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
- Southwest or pepperjack cheese slices
- Hamburger buns
- In a food processor, mix together the ground beef, diced yellow onion, taco seasoning, black beans, eggs and crushed tortilla chips. Pulse grind just until blended.
- Form 8-10 hamburger patties. Cook on grill or pan on medium heat. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from grill or stove and place hamburger patty on a bun. Top with cheese, guacamole, salsa, lettuce and tomatoes (your choice!)
- Serve with corn, chips or salad.
Leave a Reply