This week we're giving credit to the MAN.
Yes, the MAN.
When it comes to "man foods" recipes, the possibilities are endless. These are dishes that are hearty, filling, and packed with flavor – perfect for satisfying hunger after a long day at work or a hard workout at the gym. In this article, we'll share a few of our favorite man food recipes that are sure to be a hit with the guys in your life.
Choosing Your Favorite Man Food
I'm listing a few examples of the many delicious and hearty dishes that are perfect for satisfying hunger and feeding a crowd below. Whether you're grilling up a steak or whipping up a batch of chili, these recipes are sure to be a hit with the guys in your life. So gather your ingredients, fire up the grill, and get cooking – your taste buds (and your friends) will thank you.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Man Foods
- If you're looking for a recipe that your man will love, you got to get into his mind first. When you get into his mind, you find that food is a big part of it. I had a difficult time with this early on in my marriage. When we first got married, the .99 Wendy's chicken nuggets and the .99 side salad were considered a meal to me. That was a snack to him. Whenever I serve a soup, he asks where the bread is to go with it. Over the years I've learned that there is a science to his eating and a reason I can't get rid of these stubborn 10 pounds. In honor of men everywhere, today we are giving you the top 10 "MAN" approved foods.
It's MAN food week. Oh, and don't forget to keep coming back this week because we've got plenty of NEW man approved meals for you.
TOP 10 MAN APPROVED FOODS + 50 NEW Recipes!
Coming in at number one is the classic American Sunday night dinner. Who doesn't love a good roast? Add some potatoes, onions and carrots and dinner just got a whole lot better. Whether you cook your roast in the oven or the crockpot, you can't go wrong with a roast.
- Fancy Pot Roast (Oven) by the Hungry Housewife
- High Temp Roast Beef (Oven) by Just a Pinch
- Mississippi Pot Roast (BurntApple)
- Old England Pot Roast (BurntApple)
#2: TURKEY DINNER
There is one meal that brings together not only family but a great football game and the right to spend the evening napping. It's the ever popular Thanksgiving Dinner. While your man might have his favorite way of preparing it, for some you're venturing out to start a new tradition. These recipes are made famous by some of our favorites.
- Turducken Recipe by Serious Eats *If you are seriously not sure what a turducken is, check out Duck Dynasty.
- Crockpot Turkey Dinner by Skinnytaste
- Cider Brined Turkey Dinner by My Gourmet Connection
- Grilled Turkey Dinner by Dad Cooks Dinner
- Under an Hour Turkey Dinner by Burnt Apple
Need I say more? There is something about steak that just intrigues a man. It seems they are on the never ending quest to find that perfectly tender cut of meat to slice into. Perhaps that's why there are so many extraordinarily good recipes to share that it was hard to find the right one.
- Grilled Smoky Sweet Filet Mignon by Picky Palate
- How to Turn Cheap Steak into Gucci Prime Steak by Steamy Kitchen *Love this tutorial by Jaden. So nice for some of us who can't afford filet mignon style prices.
- Steak Bites by Burnt Apple
- The Perfect Grilled Steak by Chef John Folse
- Bacon Wrapped Steak Appetizer by Burnt Apple
There is nothing better than barbeque food. Men are smart when it comes to the barbeque as one of their favorite foods. You can't go wrong with these incredible recipes hot off the barbeque!
- BBQ Chicken Dip by Taste and Tell Blog
- BBQ Shredded Beef by Chef in Training
- Bush's BBQ Baked Beans Clone by Canning Homemade
- Chicken Barbeque Sandwich with Cole Slaw by A Southern Grace
- Barbeque Chicken Nachos by Burnt Apple
#5: GAME TIME MUNCHIES
We think that game time food has to have two elements--be small in a grab and go style so you can munch throughout the game and take from several of the top 10 man food areas. For example, sliders with onion rings, or pizza and chips.
- Buffalo Cheese Fries by Tidy Mom
- Five Can Queso by Burnt Apple
- Hooters Onion Rings by David Lebovitz
- Ranch Oyster Crackers by Burnt Apple
- Wingstop Garlic Parmesan Wings by Burnt Apple
- Trader Joe's Cheese Bites by Burnt Apple
Can you really go wrong with a burger? Considered an all American classic, burgers are a classic staple at almost any restaurant. Whole TV series are devoted to the search for the perfect burger. But is there really such a thing?
- 30 Gourmet Cheeseburger Recipes by Cheese and Burger
- French Onion Burger by Jamie Cooks it Up!
- White Castle Mini Hamburgers by Living on a Dime
- Gluten Free Hamburger Helper by Burnt Apple
- Teriyaki Pineapple turkey Burger by Burnt Apple
You can pretty much bring a pizza home at least once a week and not hear any complaints about it. There is something about mixing and matching toppings and sauce a top a doughy crust that makes a man happy. It's filling, it's plentiful, and it's delicious.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Breakfast Pizza by Cooking with Siri
- Easy Pizza Monkey Bread by Barbara Bakes
- Pizza Bagel Bites by Kevin and Amanda
- Gluten Free Breakfast Pizza by Burnt Apple
- Easy Pizza Sticks by Burnt Apple
- Gluten Free Flatbread Pizza by BurntApple
The bacon craze will never go away. In fact, that's why there are whole stores devoted to everything bacon. If you get requests or cravings for bacon at all meals, try out one of these recipes.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos by Brown Eyed Baker
- Chicken Bacon Quesadillas by Delish
- Double Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon by Closet Cooking
- Twisted Air Fryer Bacon by Burnt Apple
Sides are an important compliment to any dish, and a man knows that sides are necessary. Why enjoy a steak without the mashed potatoes? Who can eat a hamburger without a side of pickles or chips? Should you even take a bite of hot dog without a side of beans to go with it? Yes, sides not only compliment, they challenge your meal to become better.
- Corn and Black Bean Salad by Aris Menu
- Honey Barbeque Baked Beans by She Knows
- Green Beans with Garlic and Lemon by Michele's Woman Cave
- Pesto Mozzarella Pearls by Burnt Apple
- Trader Joes Turkey Gobbler Quesadilla by Burnt Apple
- Toasted Ravioli Bites by Burnt Apple
#10: PEANUT BUTTER
After looking at some of these recipes, you can see why peanut butter is a man's best friend. Wait, that's a dog. But dog's like peanut butter too, so bring on these incredible peanut butter recipes! Just refrain from letting the dogs have a share of any of these recipes.
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites by Sally's Baking Addiction
- Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake by Life, Love and Sugar
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars by 24/7 Moms
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by Burnt Apple
- Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bar Cookies by Burnt Apple
Heather Who Needs a Cape?
Oh this list is so fun! I need to have the bacon milk shake 🙂 YUM!
Thanks for linking it up at our Super Sunday Party! Hope to see you next week! http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/06/super-sunday-party-1/
Ari @ Ari's Menu
So many great looking recipes!! Thanks for including me!
What a great list! Thanks for including my dip!
Such a great idea for Father's Day! Thank you so much for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday!
Jamie @ Better With Age
PS: I've added your link to a Father's Day round-up post I just did and it will be also posted on my FB page tonight.
Wow what a great list! Definitely pinning this for later! And thank you for sharing this on my What Are You Doing? Blog Hop!