This recipe intrigued me the first time I saw it on Pinterest. Combine a slice of bacon and a pancake into one item? No two griddles running simultaneously? Dip it all in syrup??
I was sold.
I am a sucker for easy meals. These turkey bacon pancake dippers sounded just about as easy as it could be.
The original Pinterest recipe used a pancake mix and regular bacon, but we opted for using a whole wheat pancake mix from scratch and turkey bacon.
Look how awesome those look. I just want to dig in and take a big bite with lot's of syrup!
Turkey Bacon Pancake Dippers
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat germ or ground flax
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups low fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp oil
- Cook turkey bacon according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir until batter is combined. (The batter may still have a few lumps).
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Lightly grease the griddle. Pour your batter into a Pyrex container or squirt bottle. Squirt a long strip of batter in the griddle just slightly larger and wider than the length and width of the turkey bacon. Place the turkey bacon down on the strip of the batter then cover the top of the bacon with another thin layer of pancake batter. Cook until pancake is browned around the edges and bubbly. Flip, cook the other side up to an additional minute or two until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup.
quick and easy food recipes
Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this site
before but after browsing through some of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be
bookmarking it and checking back regularly!