It's time to make a delicious ooey, gooey filled veggie grilled cheese sandwich full of healthy veggies and grated cheese on a crisp buttery bread. (Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian)
Making Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I was looking for a vegan grilled cheese recipe for my mom and decided to make one for her and mine. This recipe just needs a few simple ingredients for an incredible taste!
Our easy ingredient list includes:
- Shredded or diced veggies-carrots, zucchini, squash, bell pepper
- Pepperjack cheese
Step By Step Instructions
Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
Spread butter or margarine on one side of each slice of bread.
Place the bread slices, butter-side down, in the pan.
On one slice of bread, sprinkle the shredded cheese and arrange the mixed veggies on top.
Place the second slice of bread, butter-side up, on top of the veggies.
Cook the sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Using a spatula, carefully remove the sandwich from the pan.
Serve hot and enjoy your delicious veggie grilled cheese sandwich!
To make this recipe vegan use some vegan pepperjack cheese and dairy free butter.
You can enjoy this recipe gluten free by substituting gluten free bread.
Get More Grilled Cheese Recipes!
I love grilled cheese because it's such a simple and easy meal to make. Have you tried a grilled cheese donut? Or a pepperjack steak grilled cheese. You can even make grilled cheese croutons! And for dessert? A grilled donut!
A delicious arrangement of veggies with a hint of spicy pepperjack cheese.
- ¼ cup shredded or diced veggies--carrots, zucchini, squash, bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Butter, for spreading
- In a small bowl, mix together the cheese and diced or shredded veggies. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Place the slice of bread, butter side down on the griddle. Scoop the veggies from the bowl and place on top of the piece of bread, spreading evenly. Place the other side of bread, butter side up on top. Heat until the cheese begins to melt and bread is browned.Flip sandwich and continue cooking until other side of bread is browned and cheese finishes melting. Remove from heat.
I love incorporating veggies into anything! Thanks!