This time of year is our FAVORITE time of year. The leaves are falling, the days are cooling down and it's football AND basketball season!
Don't forget to enter our giveaway to jump start the holiday season! Click here to enter to win a $50 gift card!
We are always in need of some good game time grub and white chicken chili is the PERFECT recipe.
This month as part of the Secret Recipe Club, I'm featuring Lori of Lori's Culinary Creations. Lori is the creator and mastermind behind some amazing recipes for empty nesters and busy working adults. She has some absolutely delicious recipes on her website but some of her favorites that caught my eye for football and basketball season are:
L-R: 13 Bean Turkey Game Day Chili, Game Day Fiesta Sloppy Joe Dip, Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Skillet
And now, onto Lori's White Chicken Chili recipe. And don't forget to scroll down to see other great recipes from our other Secret Recipe Club members. Get some great ideas for Thanksgiving and the colder months ahead!
- 2 cans (15 oz each) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Lightly grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- Place one can of the great northern beans into the slow cooker and smash with a potato masher or back of a fork. Add the second can of beans and all other ingredients into the slow cooker, stirring slightly to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred, then return to the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Serve chili topped with sour cream and tortilla chips if desired.
I always love a chicken chilli and this one is a winner by the looks of it! Happy last SRC reveal day, Karen
I also love a chicken chill, so much lighter and easier to digest... well, at least for me
happy Reveal Day!
Chicken chili - and in the slow cooker... Perfect for these cold, rainy days.
Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories
Love white chicken chili! Great choice. Gonna miss our monthly get together!
I love White Chicken Chile and you reminded me it's long past due for me to make mine again. Great SRC choice. I'm going to be hosting a Link up party starting in January called First Monday, in which I'll be inviting all SRC members (former), to participate with adding their favorite recipe for the previous month. Not the one with the most views, but the one they made that they like the best. Hope to see you there.
I love a good white chicken chili. Good choice for fall and the SRC post.
This looks like a great recipe to have - so simple and tasty. I'm definitely going to have to try it soon. The cooler weather has me wanting soup.
Those other recipes you mentioned all look great, too. I'll have to check them out.
This looks so comforting - perfect for cold, wet days.
I think I like white chicken chili even BETTER than the usual kind. This looks GREAT! May I say it was been a pleasure being in SRC with you, and I will miss our monthly meet-ups. I know I will see you around on the interwebs, though. Take good care!