- 12 ounces fresh (organic preferred) strawberries, hulled and diced to make 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces (6 tbsp) cold unsalted butter or Earth Balance, cut into small pieces
- ⅔ cup heavy cream, almond milk, milk, or other milk alternative
- 1 cup sugar free white chocolate chips (See directions for finding sugar free versions below).
- (If using white chocolate chip buttons, you will want to cut these up coarsely before mixing them in with the dough).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the coconut sugar. In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining ½ cup coconut sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream or milk or milk alternatives until the dough starts to come together. Fold in strawberry mixture, then the white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing evenly apart. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies can be served immediately, stored in an airtight container for up tp one day or frozen in a freezer proof container and then thawed as desired.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies
Where to Buy Sugar Free White Chocolate Chips:
Sugar free white chocolate chips can be a little hard to find. Here are some on line stores that carry them:
Sugar Free White Chocolate Buttons from Perfectly Sweet
Sugar Free White Chocolate Squares from Candyland Crafts
or, just omit the sugar free chocolate chips for a strawberries and cream taste!