Blue Curacao Lemonade
Blue curacao has a sweet orange peel like flavor and a vibrant blue color. The combination of lemonade makes for the perfect summer time drink! (Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian). **Recipe contains food dyes
- 1 oz vodka, tonic, seltzer or non alcoholic vodka
- 1 oz blue curacao liquor (alcoholic) or syrup (non alcoholic)
- 3-4 oz lemonade (sugar free can be substituted)
Drink can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Blue Curacao Syrup...
You can use either of the two types of blue curacao available on the market:
- Blue Curacao liquor (alcoholic): This version contains alcohol and can be used in this recipe if you would like. It has a nice orange flavor with a hint of bitters. You can find it a your local liquor store or grocery store. To get it's color, blue dye is added.
- Blue Curacao syrup (non alcoholic): There is a nonalcoholic blue curacao on the market that can be found with the mixers at your local grocery store or is available online. It also has the nice orange flavor with a hint of bitters to it. To get it's pretty blue color, blue dye is added.
To offset the sweet from the lemonade and blue curacao there needs to be some balance to the drink and some tonic is perfect for adding that balance.
- Vodka (alcoholic): Typically vodka is added but you can omit it or use a non alcoholic vodka.
- Tonic (non alcoholic): There are several good non alcoholic vodka substitutes on the market. Easy and simple substitutes that can be found at almost any store or market are unflavored tonic or seltzer water. If you want to splurge there are even some great non alcoholic vodkas available online now. ArKay is one that is available online from retailers like Amazon. Strykk is another brand that will soon be on the market as well with non alcoholic gin, rum and vodka. Seedlip has been a very popular brand and also contains a vodka like substitute.
You can use a sugar free or regular lemonade in this recipe.