Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Caramel Rolo Cookies
Rolo cookies are made with a chewy chocolate cookie base and topped with a caramel chocolate rolo. It’s a simple and delicious cookie and one that will for sure satisfy your sweet tooth! Our rolo cookies are made with dairy free chocolate caramels and only require five ingredients to make! This is a delicious classic cookie for chocolate lovers! (Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, nut free, egg free, vegan, vegetarian, FODMAP)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 24 Rolos, or dairy free chocolate caramels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
Stir together the cake mix, eggs and oil until smooth.
Roll the dough into teaspoon sized balls, then place on the cookie sheet leaving several inches of space between to spread. Place cookies in refrigerator for about ten minutes.
Cook cookies at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until cookies are cooked and set. Remove cookies from oven and immediately place Rolo or dairy free chocolate caramel in the center of the cookie. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to a cookie sheet to finish cooling completely.
These cookies can be made easily with some simple substitutions:
- DAIRY FREE: To make this recipes dairy free, you will want to use a dairy free chocolate covered caramels (pictured) instead of Rolo's.
- GLUTEN FREE: Simply substitute your cake mix for a gluten free cake mix.
- EGG FREE: Use a flax egg or egg replacer.
- VEGAN/VEGETARIAN: Use the egg replacer or flax egg and dairy free caramels.
- KETO: Use a keto cake mix and Lily's chocolate covered caramels.
- FODMAP: The recipe is FODMAP friendly when you use a gluten free cake mix. Avoid using a sugar alternative chocolate covered caramel that may cause stomach upset.
Finding Dairy Free Chocolate Caramels (Rolos)
There are several brands of dairy free chocolate caramels on the market. The two we found were:
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several days or in the freezer in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to one month. Allow freezer cookies to thaw at room temperature for several minutes before eating, or place in microwave for 10-15 seconds to thaw and melt caramel a little.
Coconut based non dairy chocolate covered caramels.
Keto friendly gluten free chocolate covered caramels.