Five Ingredient Baked Donuts
Rainbows and love are always in style with these beautiful rainbow donuts! Perfect for a rainbow themed birthday party or pride month treat! (Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian, FODMAP)
- 1 box vanilla or chocolate cake mix can substitute a gluten free, keto or other cake mix
- ¾ cup milk can substitute dairy free
- ¼ cup oil or melted butter
- 1 whole egg can substitute flax or egg replacer egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips (for chocolate donuts) can substitute dairy free
- ½-1 tsp pure vanilla extract (for vanilla donuts)
For the Vanilla Glaze
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted can substitute dairy free
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk as needed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
In a bowl, mix together all the donut ingredients until smooth. Fill each donut pan cavity ¾ of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes or until donut is cooked and springs lightly back when you press lightly on them or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the donut comes out clean.
Remove donut from oven and allow to cool in the donut pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove the donuts from the pan and move to a cooling rack. Allow donuts to cool completely on the rack before frosting.
Vanilla: Allow the frosting to set then paint the tops of the donuts with a paintbrush dipped in different food colors.
Chocolate: Sprinkle frosted donuts with rainbow mini M&M's.
Donuts can be stored in an airtight container for several days or in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for up to one month.