Consistently year after year our original copycat Little Caesar’s Italian cheese bread recipe is one of our websites most popular. It’s also one of the original recipes for which we’ve seen lot’s of websites try to replicate from since. We’ve actually had a former employee write in and comment on our recipe and let us know it’s legit.
One thing that we started to notice about our original recipe is that it can take a little longer to make so I wanted to make an easy option too.
What are the cheeses used in Italian cheese bread?
From some of the comments of former employees that wrote in to our first recipe, the cheeses you will need to use are muenster, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
What ingredients are missing in your copycat recipes that the store brand has?
Typically you’ll notice a little difference in taste just because some of the chemicals that are added to some of the storebought brand. A lot of times ingredients like MSG or other preservatives are added to commercially prepared foods. Real food doesn’t contain those so you might notice a slight difference in taste because these are omitted.
What type of brands do you recommend using?
This is really personal to you. You can use canned pizza dough, a loaf of frozen premade bread and any brand of butter or cheese you want. It really is personal to you and your taste preferences. I would use natural and organic ingredients as much as possible. But this is definetely a “splurge day” recipe. 🙂
Easy Copycat Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 can pizza dough, or 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4-6 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound grated mozzarella cheese or muenster cheese (we like a combination of the two)
- Parsley or Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9×13 inch pan. Lightly grease each pan, then set dough inside each pan.
- Spread butter evenly and generously over the dough.
- Sprinkle the two garlic cloves, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese over the loaf. Sprinkle the loaf evenly and generously with salt and parsley or Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is browned and melted. Remove from oven, serve with marinara dipping sauce if desired.
Feel free to use your favorite gluten free dough if you need to substitute.