Consistently year after year our original copycat Little Caesar's Italian cheese bread recipe is one of our websites most popular. It tastes like the storebought favorite and a former employee even told us so!
Is This Recipe Legit?
- The recipe has been said to be extremely close to the original. The original recipe contains MSG and other preservatives that this recipe does not include.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the cheeses used in Little Caesar's Italian cheese bread?
From some of the comments of former employees that wrote in to our first recipe, the cheeses you will need to use are muenster, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
What ingredients are missing in your copycat recipes that the store brand has?
Typically you'll notice a little difference in taste just because some of the chemicals that are added to some of the storebought brand. A lot of times ingredients like MSG or other preservatives are added to commercially prepared foods. Real food doesn't contain those so you might notice a slight difference in taste because these are omitted.
What type of premade bread dough do you recommend using?
This is really personal to you. You can use canned pizza dough, a loaf of frozen premade bread and any brand of butter or cheese you want. It really is personal to you and your taste preferences. I would use natural and organic ingredients as much as possible. But this is definetely a "splurge day" recipe. 🙂
Like This Recipe? Enter Your Email Here for Five BONUS Restaurant Copycat Recipes!
Copycat Little Caesar's Italian Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (can substitute gluten free frozen bread dough or 1 can refrigerated pizza dough)
- 4-6 tbsp butter softened
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ pound mozzarella or muenster cheese grated (we use a combination of both cheeses)
- Salt to taste
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9x13 inch pan. Lightly grease pan, then set dough inside the pan.
- Spread butter evenly and generously over the dough.
- Sprinkle the two garlic cloves, ½ cup parmesan cheese and ½ pound mozzarella cheese over the loaf. Sprinkle the loaf evenly and generously with salt and parsley or Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is browned and melted. Remove from oven, serve with marinara dipping sauce if desired.
- Serve cheese bread with marinara or ranch dipping sauce if desired.
Absolutely easy and amazing! Thank you for this recipe! Seriously my kids thought I brought little Cesar’s!
I'm so glad that you liked them! Thank you for letting me know that you and your family enjoyed them. It always means a lot!