Get ready for a delicious treat and make your taste buds happy with this easy-to-make recipe for Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies. Enjoy the delightful combination of chocolate chips, graham crackers, and butter in this simple and delicious cookie creation! (Gluten free option)
- Making Graham Cracker Cookies
- Barbara's Snackimals
- Gather Your Ingredients
- Preheat Your Oven (350°F)
- Add the Chocolate Chips and Crush the Graham Crackers
- Prepare the Dough
- Bake the Cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly firm to touch
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Make Graham Flour
- Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies
Making Graham Cracker Cookies
Get ready for a delicious treat and make your taste buds happy with this easy-to-make recipe for Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies. Enjoy the delightful combination of chocolate chips, graham crackers, and butter in this simple and delicious cookie creation!
Growing up Barbara's Snackimals were by far my favorite. They were a treat that my parents would buy for me. These cookies taste just like the store brand.What are Barbaras Snackimals
Gather Your Ingredients
Before you get started on your Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies, gather 1 cup butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar, ¾ cup light brown sugar, four eggs and one teaspoon of vanilla extract. You’ll also need two cups all-purpose flour, (you can substitute gluten free flour), one cup graham flour (you can substitute gluten free graham flour), ¾ teaspoon baking soda, and one teaspoon salt. Finally, add in 1 ½ cups of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to complete the recipe.
Preheat Your Oven (350°F)
Once you’ve assembled all of your ingredients and supplies, preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare two ungreased baking sheets with parchment paper. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt before setting aside until the dough is ready. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar before adding in the eggs one at a time. Finally add in the vanilla extract and begin adding ¼ cup of the flour mixture at a time until combined.
Add the Chocolate Chips and Crush the Graham Crackers
Once the wet ingredients are combined, gradually add in the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and graham crackers until evenly distributed. For best results, use a rolling pin to crush your graham crackers into small pieces before mixing them into the dough. This will ensure that delicious cookie flavor is spread throughout each bite!
Prepare the Dough
Once your wet ingredients are combined, start adding in the dry ingredients. Gradually add the remaining flour mixture, then stir in the chocolate chips and graham crackers until evenly distributed. The dough should be thick but slightly sticky. Using a cookie scoop, place 2-inch scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden and set. Cool on baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy your delicious cookies!
Bake the Cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly firm to touch
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop cookie dough into 1.5 inch balls. Place onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly firm to touch. Allow cookies to cool before serving or storing them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
To keep your cookies from spreading too much, make sure to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help the cookies hold their shape. You should also bake the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
The cookies are done baking when the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
Store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. If you need to store them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can use gluten free flours in this recipe.
Use a one inch cookie cutter. A teddy bear cookie cutter is recommended.
How to Make Graham Flour
In a food processor or blender, mix crushed graham crackers until it becomes the consistency of flour. For a gluten free version, use gluten free graham crackers.
- Use room temperature ingredients for the best results.
- Don't overmix the dough. Overmixing can develop the gluten in the flour, which will make the cookies tough.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help the cookies hold their shape.
- Bake the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet before storing them in an airtight container.
Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies
- Rolling Pin
- 2 cups whole wheat or white whole wheat flour + extra if needed.
- 1 cup graham flour*
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg yolks and vanilla and continue blending until smooth, scraping the bowl if necessary. Slowly add in the flours and continue mixing until flour and sugar mixture is well blended. Add more flour if necessary as you will want the dough just barely stiff, to the point it begins to pull away from the sides.
- Once dough is ready, turn off mixer and knead or gently fold in chocolate chips. Divide the dough into three equal portions, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one hour or overnight.
- When dough is chilled, remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough to ⅛ inch thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap. Cut shapes out with cookie cutters. Place cut out dough on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment or Silpat. Leave ½ inch space in between cookies as they will expand slightly during cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on cracker size--start checking them after ten minutes), or until cookies are firm, but not hard to the touch. (Crackers will continue to harden as they cool). Remove from oven and move to cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.